Friday, March 27, 2020

TGIF


Sunny days make all the difference. It would feel much different if we were going into winter in isolation. I can only pray that in six months we won't be having a resurgence.

I had an actual business meeting yesterday with the South Deerfield Fire Dept. to plan for repaving their parking lot. No hand-shaking. I went out today to get a burrito at Mesa Verde. Supporting local restaurants is something I can do. Hand sanitizer is prominent on the counter

My contract with the City of Northampton for doing their paving inspection this summer has no start date yet, but I got a message today just to say that everything is uncertain.

Another small job in Whately is pending "when the Town can conduct business again."

I recorded a webinar this morning about historic maps for the Mass. Gen. Council, whose April conference will now be virtual. Paid work!

So many people don't have savings. It feels strange to draw on my retirement account (how did we become "the elderly?"), but good to have savings. Not to panic. My kids are secure for now. All are still on the payroll. The funding bill passed the Congress.

Every day we hear about the heroic actions of hospital workers who don't have the equipment they need to help the suffering and to protect themselves. Being at home, making my own schedule most of the time is my usual state of being. My life hasn't changed so much, but I am thankful for my choices to life a rural life. The space between me and crowds of people. We start to know that every morning we wake up and face the fear. It is a lot like the feeling of unease that started in November of 2016 when knew it would be a long time until things were put right.

No comments:

Post a Comment