Saturday, March 21, 2020

Saturday


As I said, I mostly work from home, but I really feel like I have to remind myself it is Saturday today. Or, as I was reminded of what the Dowager Countess said in Downton Abbey, "What is a weekend?" My schedule is flexible. Some people I know who have brought their work home have a better sense of time off today. 

The sun is shining, and that makes all the difference to me. The Income Tax filing deadline has been extended to July, but that's still on my To Do list. 

The medical profession is feeling the stress in the more populated areas. The shortages of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is a crisis that the federal government isn't prepared to solve. That is a crime. Articles are circulating with instructions on how to sew face masks, but I don't understand how that will help. Old T shirts don't stop germs. Calling retired doctors and nurses out of retirement will only put them at extreme risk. They can't say no. 

Cases of COVID 19 are confirmed at the Buckley Nursing home in Greenfield. I am relieved that I don't have to worry about elderly family members. I am it. Cousin Val just returned from a Panama Canal cruise. I hope she and her family are safe. It has been a rough month for death even before the pandemic kicked in. There will be too many obituaries to be written in the next months. This week Julie Burns Mangione was taken by pancreatic cancer. It was a couple of years ago we got together in EMass. but I'm glad I had that contact. Last week it was Ed Jeronczy, 94, prostate cancer. I will see if I can finish writing his war stories for him. I was asked to be a pall bearer for Denise Lundgren's husband, Nate (blood infection). It was an honor. Funerals are no longer being held.

That's today's update. Let's see if I can do this daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment