Saturday, April 4, 2020

Another Week Gone


How is that "writing every day" thing working out?

The COVID 19 virus is looming on the horizon. We have gone from people in nursing homes getting sick, to deaths of musical figures (also elderly), to one degree of separation with people posting about their relatives of any age in hospitals. It is going to get worse.

I accomplished quite a bit in the past few days. I reorganized the yarn stash and got it out of my room. I made moves toward organizing the spare room and Carolyn's room by getting a few unnecessary things into the trash. I went through a very old pile of fabric and sewing history, and spent Wednesday making fabric masks for the family. I still have scraps from the balloons I made for Jamie's infant room, his Halloween costumes, two skirts that were cut out and never sewn. I was happy to find some non-woven interfacing to line the masks and bias tape for straps. It was a whole day coaxing the old black singer to do more or less what I wanted it to do, but it is done. Two went to Alaska and two to NC. Brian says he won't wear it, but he got one too.



I video-conferenced with friends, family, and a committee in Sunderland. Looks like I will be doing more sidewalk design. I also recorded my Historic Maps talk for the MGC conference this weekend, and presented the same talk live via Zoom for WMGS. Last weekend I had planned on presenting at the Eastham Library (cancelled) and meeting with PGSMA Tuesday (also cancelled). The grand opening of our library was cancelled.

Except for a short trip to the grocery store, I didn't go out for food. There are still lots of options for take-out. I spent one entire day in a book. That hasn't happened in a while.

FEMA put out a call for workers via Dewberry. I did not check the box for working anywhere in a suit and mask. We will see if they have any at-home work to offer.

I feel very blessed to have three kids still on the payroll. None of them have to go out to work. I don't have to go out either. The cats are good company. I'm eating my own cooking. Except for milk, I could go a long time without needing more food, if I had to. On we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment